A Purposeful Home

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Perils of Procrastination--or--I should have taught the Science lesson

When will I ever learn?  While I was cleaning the kitchen after lunch today, the girls wanted to go
out for a few minutes before heading back for school.  "Run along, little lovelies and catch some fresh
air while I finish cleaning,"  I  thought.    My parallel thoughts were, "Go ahead and I'll vacuum the kitchen after I get the dishes done."  I. am. so. stupid.  In my domesticity (and my cabbage rose apron) I got
the kitchen cleaned and started the vacuum.  Around the table by my window, the vacuum caught 
the cord of the tart burner where a lovely honeysuckle tart lay melting.  Guess what?? It scooted the
burner just enough to totally send hot wax all over the table.  Too bad I put off that unimportant,
non-essential science lesson and attempted something so vital as vacuuming the floor which
could have been done AFTER school.  And the worst part??  I probably won't learn my
lesson about putting off the important. And then the afternoon went downhill.  I'll post that later........

No comments:

Post a Comment